I am a Latter Day Saint

I'm a Mormon.

Friday, July 24, 2009

Happy living

Beautiful daughter,

I have been doing lots of soul searching as of late, in the which I have found patience and forgiveness towards others, as actually being more beneficial to myself than to the recipient. I am sure that even though I may have been in the right and could have become exacting and demanding of what was mine by rights, I instead choose a course of action that I would like to be the recipient of, and after a considerable length of time I have been rewarded for my willingness to ride out the storms.
I have learned that the problems in the world stem from these two things and though related they need to be addressed separately. First in the scourges of humanity is the delinquency of fathers raising their children and: Second is divorce. And from these two social avoidances of responsibility comes all the foolish and destructive personalities with which we encounter on a daily basis.
I was left in divorce by your mother, and due to the circumstances and best hopes for both of our futures, I was impressed upon by the need to return to America to rebuild my life, I gave all that I could to help you and your mother financially and emotionally, I made sacrifices and phone calls everyday to be a part of your life, in-spite of the miles and costs involved. You have a wonderful mother who loves you every bit as much as I do, and we both want for you to be happy, healthy and full of confidence in who you are and the woman you can choose to be.
I am not a perfect man far from it, I am not saying that I have all the answers or even know the important questions to ask, But these few things I do know, Love, Trust, Faith and Patience are the keys to living, to enjoying and to progressing through the vicissitudes of life. Feeling sorry for ones self never built anything or solved any problems, God has Provided us all that we need or could ever use, But it is within us that the true strength and purpose is to be found.
Know your surroundings, know what’s what, but know thyself and “to thine own self be true.” Peace is not having fear, anger or resentment towards others. Rather it is Faith that your desires and actions are pure and will achieve the desired results to the which you have chosen. Being kind is always better than any other option, stand up for yourself, for truth and for what’s right, do not allow others to dictate what you will be involved in, Respect comes from Principals being lived not from compromises being reached. Over my life I have failed myself with ignorance and pride. At no point is it ever a good idea to sit by and allow your freedoms and your future to be decided by anyone and I mean anyone....
I have hope in you, I love and support you, just being you. I know that there are things in the world that can distract and hurt you, but ultimately you are the one and only decider for you. I have chosen to follow truth and in Christ is found all truth all hope, my faith is in the Atonement, in the plans and purposes of the Lord. I freely choose this and by so doing I am Christ’s, he has already chosen me and only by my choosing Him, am I truly His! A door can only be opened from the side that is locked, when we are baptized we unlock the door, but it is still through our efforts that we are able to enter in, worthiness comes from Christ, he provides that, we bring our desires and actions or initiative into the equation, but we must endeavor to achieve the same harmonious living that He enjoys in order to access the Atonement, which then cleanses us from all stain and degradation.
I have been writing this for over a week and right now you are laid beside me asleep and I am reflecting on our first airplane ride over here when I just started to cry and you asked me what was the matter. and my response was that I had missed you so much and was so happy to hold you in my arms and love you that I couldn’t help but to weep at how much I loved you.... (This is a mild comparison I am sure to the reunion we have chance to be a part of with our heavenly Parents and Jesus.) and the hugs and kisses you gave me and I you were to me most precious and pure. Eve God Lives and loves you as do I and WE want for your Eternal happiness and growth. Be the best you that there is, Love, laugh and live each day, each moment is yours to do with as you please. know what it truly means to be in the present!




Forever yours,

Daddy

2 comments:

Kiecoo said...

You have given Eve one of the most precious gifts you ever could.
For her to know how you feel about our Heavenly Father, his Gospel, and your love her her. Those are all things that are so important to hear, that many people do not say often enough to those that they love. You're a good man, Matty White, a good man.

Kimberly Abbott said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.